An Introduction to Pleasure

An Introduction to Pleasure  - Jess Michaels
"An innocent lady’s education could be a gentleman’s wicked seduction.

Lysandra Keates is running out of options. Her father is dead, her mother is ill, and her efforts to find respectable employment have ended in failure. With her small savings bleeding away, she swallows her pride—and her terror—and turns to Vivien Manning, an infamous courtesan, to match her with a wealthy protector.

For years, Viscount Andrew Callis has lived a monastic existence at his country estate, hardening his body against the snobbish, lazy young man he once was, hardening his heart against grief over the deaths of his wife and infant son. When Vivien asks him to spend one month training a young woman in the ways of a mistress, his mind resists…but his body responds with an ache he thought long dead.

As Andrew begins his gentle tutelage, he finds himself falling under the spell of Lysandra’s innocent charms. And as they give in to the powerful hunger, the last thing Andrew ever expected, or wanted, forms between them. An emotional connection that could carry them well past the training period—if only Andrew can open his heart to the possibility of love."

My Thoughts:

This is the first book in Jess Michaels' series Mistress Matchmaker and what makes it good are the characters. Lysandra grows a lot in this book. So does Andrew. They've both been through some really difficult things, so it was a beautiful thing seeing them heal each other. I loved reading their blossoming romance, their interactions and overall time together...

“This was her last chance to protect herself, her heart. She didn’t take it. With a shiver, she released all the tension in her body and gave herself over to him. Her body. Her soul. And her love. Her love for him washed over her just as her orgasm did, sweeping her through a pleasure so powerful that it overwhelmed and threatened to destroy her. And she didn’t care. She would rather burn in the fire of her love than to drown without him.”

I really liked Vivien Manning too and look forward to her story in Book #3. The idea of her matching the right people together, but still looking for her own HEA got me intrigued... I can't wait!

It's a quick read and not so different from other books out there, but it has an interesting main couple which made me want to read more books by Jess Michaels. She's really good at characterizations that work and characters you care about. (At least judging from this book.)

Yes, I loved this book. More than I expected to, in fact.

This is a beautiful story, focusing on the romance instead of the historical setting. I would definitely recommend this book if you're in the mood for a sexy romance story!